Best Art Gallery in Malaysia

In 11th January 2017, Lecturers and classmates (Include me!) were going to Kuala Lumpur Conventional Center (KLCC) to exhibit the art and culture in Malaysia and also some other country like Philippines or Singapore. We departed the first destination where at the Petronas Art Gallery in Suria KLCC. We have discovered the art gallery called Wayang U-Wei : Hanyut Merentasi Saksi, which is the current exhibition in that week. The exhibition is about the Malay Historical film the film director produced and exhibit their works including their procedure and some artwork shown in the gallery.All the edges and sides I have discovered, I still like the art because the art itself has its meaning and the story background in a piece of artwork. However, I choose the one that I really appreciate and love the art will be this artwork, I dun remembered what is this artwork called but it does attract me when I found out that the artist from this artwork is not simply coloring with meaningless, it pictures the symbolic of the sea and the dork and the fishes or the activities in the fish village. It also interests me because I love blue color and its meaning.(Shown in Picture 1.1).Later I walked again, The artwork "Dream Catcher" is also attracted me again but it just reflect the shadow of the artwork only.But still, It impressed me.(Shown in Picture 1.2) 
Picture 1.1 shows the artwork that impressed me at first

Picture 1.2 shows the artwork "Dream Catcher"

Later. we were having the lunch and hanging around the Suria KLCC until 1:30pm. We were departing by walking all the way to another gallery exhibitor around the Kuala Lumpur center. The another gallery called Ilham Art Gallery. It is the best gallery that I ever seen in my life because although its pictures the cultures from other countries, it also shows the unique side of artwork. I love the environment in the building because it doesn't look like a hotel or a company or a gallery, but it looks like a cool building that I will see this in the future years filling with a lot of technologies(I delusion too much already). The whole exhibition were filling the old, odd fashion style exhibit in the art gallery.There are so many artworks to see and discovered. but I am choosing the best artwork will be the "Hit Man Gurrung" because the artwork shows no matter who I am, I am the one who need to feed to myself, my family and my country. It looks simple but each frames show different kind of person who have different things and different perspective. Also, it shows people who have things right top of their head are exposing their hidden culture in their country.(Shown in Picture 1.3) 

Besides that, I have discovered the most interesting and I wanted to watch the old film machine is appeared!(I AM SO EXCITED!!!) It filmed the old 16mm film called "Miljohn Ruperto". I cannot believe the machine is still not existed in the world because it really hard to find a film machine and show the old film nowadays and the machine looks more expensive than my piano to buy and film it. Although I still love the machines, but I quite like the film the New York production's peeps has done to film it.(shown in Picture 1.4)At last but not least, We also watched a documentary film called "Ah Kew the Digger". I impressed this documentary film because all the way the director shoot this kind of documentary is not easy as what the audience think about it. (Shown in Picture 1.5)

In the whole day, I learned a lot from the artwork and its culture, not just enjoying looking about artwork they have done but learn and understand about the culture from the other country as well.
Picture 1.3 "HIT MAN GURUNG"
 Pictures 1.4 shows the machine is filming the film
Picture 1.5 shows the host is interviewing with the director Mr Khoo after the documentary film session
Hi!(why we have to wefie under the hot sun?)

Comments

  1. You used my photo and didn't credit me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also you said you learned a lot but what ? Pls tell us in details :")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot ady.I am apologize Dr Loo for not tagging you in the second last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned a lot from art like how to constuct and giving meaning or hints to audience.It sometimes has tricks,not everyone can understand why or how the artwork can be as part of the artistic and the world can be drawn and kept in the history of global art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Priniting Workshop

Principle of Rukun Negara Malaysia

Puteri Gunung Ledang