A Reflection

Through this trip assignment, I learned about the culture can be influence us throughout the people, objects and subjects that we discussed to the media and the audience.Without these elements, we really dunno there's have an interesting story behind from these elements and follow to learn and believe the existence of these elements. From the day we started to interview people around area of Penang, we started to explore more places that we rarely see in the city areas.


We are taking a break and enjoy watching scenery. Credits by Ong Jiong Zheng 
                         
The first time we discussed about this topic, I only 30 percent of knowledge from this topic because I totally didn't know what was the goddess they talked about and why was not known by other people in other country.Was just a religion's practice in a secret way or it is just only an untold story? Until the founder was describing his journey and his story between the Goddess and him.I had 90 percent of almost believing him because not only he talked about his journey to find the Goddess, but he is the one who experienced and communicate with these elements. This has slightly similar to one of the senior's documentary, talking about the concept of inviting religion's Goddess to pray or wish for wealth and health, either Kelantan or Terengganu (I am not remembered which one.)during the class discussion.But the different view of documentary compared to us, people are living in a different states,and having a different culture practice.I do believe there's some religion influence culture, and it is exist in the world no matter how they create and practice all the time.Although I am not sure whether I have the same perspective with my classmates's perspectives,but I just had my view to judge how culture,religion and politics shape us and influence to the whole world. Through this trip to Penang, I learned a new another knowledge from this state's culture and religion because I just knew Penang's foods are different from KL's foods but not touched with their culture and practice.(Haha)Therefore, I truly not absorbed all the knowledge from Penang, but I just learned one lessons from Penang including histories and cultures.(Also, I just knew that Penang has a lot of chinese temple in their states.) 

A group photo in Penang. Credit by Ong Jiong Zheng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Priniting Workshop

Principle of Rukun Negara Malaysia

Puteri Gunung Ledang